It is with great regret that we need to inform you of the next changes the criminal record center is currently undergoing, with regards to the process & obtaining Police Clearance Certificates from the 16th of July 2018.
The process to follow:
When applying for a clearance certificate, the applicant must submit a set of fingerprints on the SAPS 91 (a) through the local police station or to the CR & CSM directly for analysis.
- The CR & CSM will process the application within 15 working days from the date of receipt and an automated SMS with a reference number will be sent to the applicant acknowledging receipt and a follow-up SMS will be communicated upon the outcome of such finding.
- If the applicant has personally submitted such application direct to CR & CSM, such findings can be obtained in person by the applicant from the said point of departure.
- NeVeTeC or no other third party may no longer handle any application. The fingerprint application form where the applicant’s fingerprints are affixed remains the property of the SAPS and must under no circumstances be handed to the applicant for submission to CR & CSM by him/herself. The submission of such a form must be through a local police station or CR & CSM offices.
- The application must be accompanied by a certified copy of the Identity Document or Passport. Upon collection of the PCC, the applicant must present the original Identity Document or Passport for confirmation of their identity.
- Persons living outside South Africa may apply at any local police station in that country (where SAPS services are available) or at the South African Embassy using the SAPS form [SAPS 91 (a)]. The results of such findings will only be issued upon the verification of a set of fingerprints.